What is the LCC Code of Conduct for Parents of Paddlers
As a parent of a young paddler, I promise to:
- Emphasize emotional and physical well-being of children, fair play and development of outrigger paddling skills over winning
- Congratulate paddlers for effort, not for winning
- Respect and support coaches as well as youth and adult officials.
- Resolve disputes calmly and away from children with the coaching chain of command.
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship through positive support for all paddlers, coaches and officials at all practices and races.
- Remember that youth paddling is for youth, not adults
Share this Post! Choose Your Platform!